Sunday, October 18, 2009

Vintage Autumn

Hi everyone!

Here's a card that I made a few years ago when I first started stamping and I love the way it turned out. I pull it out every Fall because it reminds me of the beautiful patterns the leaves make when they've landed all over the grass and the walks.

I brayered the background and sponged bits of colour here and there...sorry... I made it so long ago, I can't remember exactly what the colours were!

I overstamped with Stampin'Up's! Autumn stamp set, which retired long ago. I just love the skeleton leaves in this old set. The Autumn word is from Hero Arts and that's another oldie but goodie. The ribbon is a gold organza that probably came from my ribbon stash!

 
Posted by Picasa

Recipe...what I know for sure:
Stamp set: Stampin'Up! Autumn (retired) HA: Autumn sentiment
Accessory: Gold Organza Ribbon

Close equivalent to what I used:
Cardstock: More Mustard, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Brayering & Sponging: Hmmm...maybe Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Old Olive and Rose Red, and I remember that I sponged on a bit of Gold craft here and there too. The leaves would be stamped in Basic Brown or Chocolate Chip.

That's it! Hope you like my vintage favourite, thanks so much for stopping by!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment