Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Butterfly Bliss

Hi everyone...happy February!

My share today is the Sale-a-bration set called Bliss and it's definitley one of my favourite stamp sets!  I know I say that about all my stamp sets, but seriously isn't this a pretty set?  Love it!!  This card reminds me of Wedgewood china {g}

 Here's how I made it...I used the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder on Whisper White and layered that on Bashful Blue cardstock.  On a strip of cardstock, I stamped the larger image, centering it first then adding images around that centered one. 

I made two strips of scallops with the Ribbon Border Punch, stamped Bliss and used my large oval punch and the scallop oval punch. Then I stamped the butterfly and cut it out, added a sparkly rhinestone and put it on with the Multipurpose Glue. 

Then to finish it I made the bow...this bow is so much fun to make (I used a spatula!) and I've promised everyone a picture tutorial on how to make it...so that's coming soon...I promise! 

At a class we had in December, I was saying that the Fork Bow.. well...it.just doesn't have a great name...so Jennifer (thanks Jennifer!!) came up with a brilliant name, we're now calling it the "bow de fourchette". Now that's a much better name!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your time with me!
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Love that stamp set as well. And the colours do remind me of Wedgewood china. Great job with the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute. Thanks for sharing following from blog hop. Stop on by
    http://stampsbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea... I agree with craftystamper, it does look like a piece of wedgewood china..... Thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this card is gorgeous and I love the new name for the fork bow! Just love the idea that you used a spatula - how fun!

    ReplyDelete