Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For the guys!

Do you find it hard to make a card for the guys? I sometimes do! This stamp set, (Countryside) is perfect for a guy card and I had so much fun making it. My goal this year is to practice my watercolouring...kind of a fun goal! 



I stamped the image in Basic Brown on Watercolour paper, then painted using my Close to Cocoa (can't seem to give that colour up!) and my aqua painter. I made the clouds by sponging a punched out piece of the scalloped circle, sponging on the circle then out to the watercolour paper, moving the scallop to different angle to create the clouds.

I sponged the edges of both layers with Basic Brown and then layered the Kraft on Kraft and ran it through the lattice embossing folder.  Then I mounted the finished watercolour piece on and adhered it to the small Kraft base and then both layers to the card base. 

I used a scrap of watercolour paper for the greeting that comes from the newly retired SAB set 'So Happy for you'. 

Hope you like my watercolouring....I had so much fun making it!  Thanks for stopping by and sharing your time with me!

Hugs ~ Judy

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning. You have such talent with watercolor. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete