Monday, April 18, 2011

Cottage Rose

Hi everyone...I hope you had a great weekend!

Here's another one of my cards...I really liked how it turned out!  I watched Valita's video on how to make a rose with the 2 step Owl punch...such a great idea. I love it when I can use my punches for lots of things.  And roses are one of my favorite flowers, my Dad used to grow all kinds of roses and had them planted in all of the gardens.  So many colours and varieties!

Each petal is the body of the owl, trim off the feet, shape the petal with your bone folder, sponge the edges and then slit about 1" into the head side, overlap and glue the flaps together with Tombow glue.  Each rose takes 8 owl bodies and then the center is the XLarge Scallop Circle, cut into a spiral and rolled up to fit into the middle.

I used my seed packet template again (last time I used it, I did Sweet Peas and Pansies) and changed the wording to Cottage Rose and printed it on Sahara Sand Cardstock. If you'd like the template, I'd be happy to send it to you, just shoot me an email (the link is on the right hand side of my blog), I still can't figure out how to actually  put it on my blog!  I used Autumn Splendor for the leaves and stamped the image on Old Olive with Old Olive Ink.  The cardstock base is Rose Red, embossed with the Tulip Frame Embossing folder.

I  hope you like my card!  Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your time with me!  Have a great week.! 

PS...Just a little reminder....there's a Full Moon tomorrow (Monday) so don't forget to make a wish for your heart's desire while you're admiring it's beauty in the night sky!  I always wish on the Full Moon...it's definitely one of my favourite things!

~ Bye

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your card is stunning! The rose is absolutely beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete