Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shabby Chic...sigh...love it!


LOL...can you believe it?  I'm posting again...yay!!  

I fell in love with this card by Anne Marie Hile.  It's so pretty, I just had to case it!!  This card uses 3 stamps sets that are recently retired, I don't know about you but I can't part with my favourites!  

The Bingo background is a new purchase for me, I told myself that I didn't need it even when it went on the retirement list.  My daughter decided she had to have it and then I began to see lots of possibilities with it...isn't that crazy?  So I used it for a class and it got a bit inky so I ordered another one and gave her the new one.  I mean you can't snitch someones new stamp and then give it back all inky...lol...if she gets it inky, well that's okay!


I inked up the Bingo background and the Eiffel Tower with Early Espresso,  then stamped the Medallions with Crumb Cake.  The water spots are stamped in Crumb Cake too.  I made the pink ruffle by punching out a strip with the Dotted Scallop Border punch, then ran it through my crimper and attached it behind the oval art piece.  You can click on the picture for a larger image.

I made a big bow with some cream organza ribbon (non SU) and then melted it with my heat gun to give it a shabby vintage look, then I placed one of SU organza flowers (now retired) in the centre. I added 3 small pearls to the side of the art piece.

I hope you like my vintage card... I love, love, love this style!

Thanks so much for stopping by to share your time with me!

Big hugs ~ Judy

2 comments: