Saturday, October 16, 2010

Waiting for Santa!

Are you ready for some Christmas cards?

I have been having such fun making Christmas cards this year, I can't believe how early I'm getting started!  Usually I'm rushing around like a maniac and am totally late in gettting them mailed! {g}   So here is my first and most favourite card of the Christmas cards I've made so far.


 

I'm really loving this little Vintage stamp set!  It's called 'Bells and Boughs' and it makes me think of times past, charming, quaint and cozy times. Magical moments waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve, putting out cookies and milk, certainly not forgetting the carrots and oats for the reindeer too...wonderful memories! Fabulous stamp set!!

I found this darling picture of the little girls on Christmas Eve and couldn't resist it!  Isn't it sweet?  I found the clip art picture at The Graphics Fairy blog.  You can find it here

I sponged So Saffron into the inside of the fireplace to give it a bit of a glow.  The background is stamped with my retired Music Background stamp but you could easily get the same effect with the music wheel in the large catalogue.  I tapped it here and there onto Very Vanilla cardstock to give it a vintage look and then sponged it lightly with Close to Cocoa and So Saffron.

I added dots with my Cherry Cobbler marker on the sentiment. The bow is Cherry Cobbler seam binding....I love this ribbon!!  I made a bow using a plastic picnic fork....I will have to put together a picture tutorial for the fork bow...it really needs a new name..LOL!!  I don't know who came up with the ingenious idea of using a fork to make perfect bows...but they are perfect...every time!
The colours I used were Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler.  The inks were Close to Cocoa and So Saffron. 
I hope you like this card and come back to see the rest of my Christmas Cards as I post them!  Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment