Friday, March 4, 2022

Belcarra Park - one of my favourite places!

 Hi everyone!  

Welcome to my little corner of the world!  Today I’m sharing a few pictures to whisk you away to beautiful Belcarra Park.  This amazing park is minutes away from our house and no matter what season or what the weather is like it’s always gorgeous! 


Belcarra Park was officially renamed in October 2021 to təmtəmíxʷtən/Belcarra Regional Park to recognize the ancestral home of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation.  It is the largest of their ancestral villages and it means “ the biggest place for all the people” Full article here from CBC News.




It’s a magical place to visit and we like to walk and picnic here as much as we can!


To learn how to pronounce təmtəmíxʷtən you can listen by clicking this link.   https://youtu.be/un5PU4G3QMo


I hope you enjoyed this little visit with me to one of my favourite places.  I’m so blessed to have this beautiful park so close! Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Hugs ~ Judy 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment