Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Westcoast Pansies

Hi everyone!

Here is my Pansy card that I made following Tina Seibens directions. I think she's the original creator of this great idea using the Stampin'Up! Butterfly punch. There are so many great flower ideas out in blogland right now...I love them all!


On this card, I punched out 2 butterflies using Shimmer White Cardstock, then coloured in the centres with the Summer Sun marker.  Then I coloured from the outer edges of the punch shape, going toward the centre with Pretty in Pink, spritzed them liberally with water, crumpled them all up, unfolded, and then set it aside to dry.

Once both pieces were dry I attached them together with a glue dot, then added More Mustard marker to dot the center of the flower, shaped with my fingers and then added a bit of gold glitter to the center.  Love it!!

Once again I used my Pansy Seed Packet that I had in my files...my original one (this one) wasn't sized exactly as I wanted it, so I've recently made another one that I'd love to share with all of you. As much as I tried,  I can't get it to load into blogger, but I made it in Word so I can send it to you if you'd like it.  Just email me at judymarshall@shaw.ca.  You can  make lots of these and make any changes you like to the template, all you have to do is click on the font and change it to make it all your own.  I have some ideas as well on the Seed Packet Document.... so I hope you like it!

What I used to make the Pansy Card:
Stamp Set:  Bloomin' Beautiful
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Shimmery White, Old Olive
Accessories:  Eyelet Border Punch for Paper Lace, My Seed Packet, Butterfly Punch, 5 Petal Punch, Summer Sun, More Mustard and Pretty in Pink Markers, Gold Glitter and Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

Oh...just one more thing when I was stamping the seed packet, I masked the seed packet off with scraps of paper to stamp the Blossom text. This allowed me to fill in the text without overstamping where I didn't want the text to be. {g}

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy!
Judy

5 comments:

  1. So Pretty, I love how you're doing seed packets, with the flowers on top, I liked the sweet peas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! The seed packet is just adorable! Thanks so much for the mention as well, I appreciate it and am so happy so many people like the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented. I love your blog. Thank you for sharing!
    Sharon- Puyallup, WA SU Demonstrator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very pretty card.. TFS!! May I have the file for the pansy packet? Connie in NM, prairiestamper@gmail.com Thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete